Sr. Engineer – Engg. & Maintenance is responsible for functionally implementing the Maintenance program, development jobs required for productivity enhancement, EHSMS activities in the department. A high level of efficiency and co-ordination must be achieved within and across other functions to meet the company requirements to ensure upkeep of all the equipments in the plant along with Environmentally clean , healthy and a safe plant operations in compliance with all applicable legal and statutory requirements.
A key role of the job position includes providing hands-on support for the development and effective implementation of strategies , to achieve and maintain world class levels of Maintenance practices while being abreast of the latest best practices in the Maintenance field in similar industries and as planned by the Manager.
The incumbent must have a knowledge of Legal and other applicable requirements and the ability to support the Department Manager with his interaction (internally and externally) with statutory bodies if required.
- Responsible for smooth functioning of the plant by following Safe operating procedures , eAM implementation etc
- Responsibilities are inclusive but not limited to
- a) Rounds of the Plant to check the condition of all equipment in the plant.
- b) Effective planning , review and implementation of preventive maintenance procedures incorporating all EHS related controls / methods in coordination with the functional and shift teams.
- c)Monitoring, measurement and analysis of operation & maintenance data
- d) Initiation of effective corrective / Preventive actions for all incidents whether related to process or EHS
- e) Emergency preparedness and response procedures
- g) Induction of new joinees and effective training in all EHS aspects.
- f) Have check on department expenditure.
- g) Update history cards, breakdown reports & monitor PM schedules.
- h) Spare parts management.
- i) Responsible for all Environment , Health & Safety related to EFG
3. Monitoring & Analyzing Maintenance parameters by ensuring that PM’s are carried out as per plan & note down deviations if any. Monitor operation performance of Utilities, etc. Department & EHS performance against set targets on a periodic defined basis and Corrective [Preventive action in terms of deviations
4. Resource acquisition in terms of equipment ,facilities, Manpower and materials in the function upon approval of the Manager Mechanical.
5. Establish and maintain an image for the department as a dynamic, progressive, professionally managed with a culture inculcated with high degree of Environment Safety , Health and Customer orientation
6. Identification , Planning & Implementation of the Integrated Management Systems required.
7. Strive for the Team members Development by organising Training ( on job and off job ) and effective two-way communications at various levels of the department to continually improve upon the resources in terms of effective and optimum utilization beneficial to both the management and the team members.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Candidates shall be Degree in Engg. with not less than 12 years of float glass line maintenance/projects experience.
Handling of a large team of varied education levels ,experience and cultures. Pressure situations demanding high levels of anticipatory and planning skills .
Written and verbal communication in English.